Sunday, June 8, 2008

About last night

Had loads of fun last night in Dallas. Awesome Can Wait (yes, they now have a MySpace site) played as if this wasn't their first show: confident, tight, and sounding damn good. One Fingered Fist were good, hard, and hilarious, as always. Doesn't get any better than sharing a bill among friends.

Heading back home, I made a pit stop at the Whataburger on White Settlement Road to grab a very late dinner (technically breakfast since it was an egg sandwich and three in the morning). I gave the guy who took the order my credit card and he said, "Matt Hickey! I thought I recognized you."

I was drawing a blank until he revealed his name (being the genius that I am, the thought of looking at his name tag didn't occur to me). "Holy shit!" was the response that tumbled out of my mouth. I hadn't seen him since middle school (even though we went to the same high school). He was one of the most laid back, nicest, and funniest people I have ever met, and definitely one of the few bright spots in that hellhole called Wedgwood Middle School.

You just never know who you'll run into.

No comments: