Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The epic events of today

Well, could be considered "epic" if one is inclined to become overtly excited by morris dancing...



Put the studio back together (finally), which was disassembled from the Fairmount show a couple weeks ago. Having indoor/outdoor carpeting made cleanup a breeze (ran into a downpour coming home from the show and thus tracked in quite a bit of mud).

On the mixing front, I'll have the tracks ready for the guys to check out by next week. My mastering room? A 2003 Chevy Silverado. It's not Electric Ladyland but it's the system I listen my music through the most, which helps me "get my bearings", so to speak. Tweak, tweak, then give, give. I really don't know what that's supposed to mean...

1 comment:

The Stash Dauber said...

always good to listen to stuff you're mixing in the venue where it's most likely to be listened to

i remember reading someplace that frank zappa used to have a pair of crappy car speakers that he used for the task