Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sorted

Ran by Competition Music on Friday and traded in the Fender for a classical guitar and case. Over the years I've given a few Strats a try but they're not for me. Had fun modifying it, though, and was pleasantly surprised how well the scalloped frets turned out.

There's a new song the band is working on that I thought would sound good with an acoustic. It's been twenty years since I last owned a non-electric, which also was a nylon string guitar. I forgot how comfortable classical guitars feel and the lovely warm sound they produce ("warm sound" seems to be a running theme for me lately... ). It's missing a tuning knob on the low E and the one for high E is cracking but ordered a couple of replacements from stewmac.com for around $2.50 each. Yippee!

No comments: