Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Scary monsters

I had a dream last night that I had to search for Freddie Mercury on a street named Dobson Drive utilizing a GPS in which the screen display looked like a map from Oblivion. On the way to the house that Mercury was located at I ended up in a David Bowie video in which he played a cross-dressing murderer/victim. Then it seems I lost this absurd plot.

I'm all of the sudden at Competition Music, ready have a jam session with G.B., Donald Fagen, and Walter Becker. While everyone is waiting to set up for the show I noticed my old black Gretsch hanging among the other guitars, but what peaked my interest is a sarangi lying on the floor and stringed with yarn. As I play it, the yarn breaks. I also noticed that it's priced as "4 for $0.50".

Freddie Mercury and Steely Dan. What a fucking nightmare!

2 comments:

The Stash Dauber said...

the mercury/bowie thing is easy: you've been viewing too many glam vids.

the fagen/becker/sarangi is prolly from jamming with mark and terry the other night.

i'm just guessing.

Grubbermeister said...

God, I hope my subconscious isn't manifesting Mark and Terry as Steely Dan!

I probably added too much fuel for the brain before going to sleep. No more cheese, cashews, and cranberry juice at night for me.