Sunday, November 1, 2009

On a lighter note

...but still in regards to the affliction known as inarticulacy (well, to be more accurate, writer's block or "Mister Thickie-itis"), I am struggling to write lyrics for "Horse". Lyrics have always been a weak point for me - I can usually scribble out at least one line I'm happy with. Any additional words needed for a tune for the most part feels like filler to me, just to get the damn thing finished. Melody line for the vocals? That's even worse. Listen to some TFA (or, if you were one of the three people who even heard Rio Grande Babies) and you will understand that I never carried a tune, only a mono-toned raised voice. Someone else to sing for this track is becoming more ideal by the second...

This tune may be a bit ambitious for me. It may not be that good for the amount of time spent on it (I may be getting a bit "Boston" regarding this song. Is there a fate worse than turning into Tom Scholz?). It's also somewhat late and I feel a bit fried. Buenos noche.

2 comments:

The Stash Dauber said...

try this: "a horse is a horse, of course, of course..."

being tom scholz wouldn't be bad if you had his patents.

validation word: epurf.

no more pretty boy singers, though. seriously.

Grubbermeister said...

He did make one helluva noise gate pedal, eh?

Funny enough, I was thinking Jeff's voice could work for this track. Or female. Maybe none. Could end up sounded like 80s new wave muzak...