Sunday, February 28, 2010

A bit of Saturday, and a bit of Sunday

Went to IHOP for din-dins and coffee stop before the gig. Ken called during the cardio-friendly meal to remind me to bring my synth for the show. I forgot this show would be a "stripped down" (minds out of the gutter, please) version of HIO consisting of Ken, Marcus, Matt, and I playing instruments while Terry paints, thus I didn't bring it since electronics are usually handled by Terry, Sarah, and/or the Michaels. After the meal I stopped by CVS and invested in a toddler keyboard and an Easter greeting card that plays "Peter Cottontail".

The set was fun. We went on first, kicking off The Good Show Live Music Series. Dre did a great job miking Matt's and my small instruments. Pared with the econo-sized ensemble, everybody was able to distinctly hear each other- a first for us. Nice and spartan. A good direction, me thinks.

Later today the group will be playing at The Kessler Theater to join the chorus of those paying tribute to The Great Tyrant's bassist, Tommy Atkin, who passed away Thursday. I will not be able to make it to the show in person but will attempt to send some sounds to the group for utilization during the set.

2 comments:

The Stash Dauber said...

Nicely done.

Verification: propapin

Grubbermeister said...

Thank ye very much!