Monday, November 15, 2010

Ready to testify

At Ken and Kat's tonight we watched the excellent MC5: A True Testimonial. It reminded me why I love the MC5 (bombast and volume utilized to near perfection), but it also reminded me why I love the Stooges more.

To me, the MC5 had always came across as a band whose fury and danger were practiced, honed, well rehearsed: a primal force pantomime. The Stooges were a primal force, full stop... desperate social outsiders who could barely forge a note, which in turn, made the MC5 lot (who were musically more dexterous than their "baby brothers") look like Ivy League squares without breaking a sweat. Don't get me wrong, though. In my opinion the Stooges and the MC5 were two of the best bands to roam the earth in the late Sixties and early Seventies, wiping the floor with pretty much every other group during that period.

And now... Bis videos. Why? Because it's what I've been listening to for nearly the entire day. So there.


(Pinfield!) The New Transistor Heroes (1997)


The New Transistor Heroes (1997)

No comments: