Monday, March 28, 2011

Not VH-1's "Behind the Music"

The Phil Ford/JATSDFM joint venture (christened Academician Drift in Fjords) is in the final mixing and mastering stage at this point. The goal is to release it by 1 April... but I could be fooling myself.

*crickets*

Thank you! I'll be here all week, folks!

Out of the twenty-plus tracks Mr. Ford sent I ended up focusing on just ten. The original intention was to collaborate on every track but most of his compositions sent sounded so complete and perfect to me that it felt like the addition of anything else would be an act of vandalism. Hopefully my contributions to his work isn't the equivalent of drawing a penis on Van Gogh's Sunflowers.

It was great fun being given the opportunity by Phil to work with him. His compositions are absolutely sublime and some of my favorite music to aurally consume at the moment. He's a top artist and consider myself lucky that he resides in my neck of the woods. Thanks, Mr. Ford!

2 comments:

The Stash Dauber said...

Why this obsession with drawing penises on art?

Verification: ammons

Grubbermeister said...

Because I can't sing or dance?