Sunday, April 17, 2011

How not to PR

Woke up Saturday morning with a tune in the ole noggin (and remnants of a dream in which Sean Connery and I had bits of us missing after an altercation with Klingon-esque aliens. No, not those "bits"... ), and proceeded to spend the next fourteen hours writing and recording a song which only consists of two chords. Pathetic. Topping it all off, to quote Ringo:

"I've got blisters on me fingers!"

Credit the fact that I've only picked up the guitar a couple of times in the last two and half years and the calluses on the fingertips have disappeared. That, and coupled with playing nearly eight hours straight (just to give a clue how mediocre my abilities on stringed instruments are), the digits on the left hand are a wee bit tender. Again, pathetic.

Overall, I am pleased with the final product... just the amount of effort far outweighed the result, me thinks.

After what could only be described as the most shit way to promote something, here it be.

No comments: