Sunday, June 17, 2012

From the steppes

The latest track added to the Repository: 2012 album developed from a somewhat distressing dream I had the previous night in which I found myself somewhere in eastern Europe towards the end of the Second World War. Euphoria of a German retreat was quickly replaced by a terrifying low rumble from the east that became increasingly louder as the armies of Stalin approached. The volume became deafening with the arrival of soldiers and tanks, numbering in the tens of thousands. My home and the entire village in which I resided were on the brink of crumbling into dust from the noise. I watched from my window as the horde of men and machine moved ever westward, taking the devastating cacophony with them.

I blame it on the Guinness and granola bar that I consumed before bed...

No comments: