Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pony up

In keeping with the "off-the-cuff" theme for the Repository: 2012 project I woke up yesterday morning with no intention of recording. There was another project that I had planned to start but before beginning the preparation of the traditional Saturday breakfast I sat down at the woefully out-of-tune ancient piano (which I absolutely adore), pissing about, and banged this short ditty into existence. Grabbed the portable recorder, a couple plastic cups, added a vibraphone part, and Bob's your uncle. Quite happy with it. The end.

A promo video I quickly whipped up using footage from the BBC Two documentary, A Farm For The Future (2009). No ponies but I thought the programme was beautifully crafted:

And... a link to the track. The end, er, again:

No comments: